FAQ - Terms and conditions of hire
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Select a dress and the rental period (4 or 8 day hire period). Make your reservation, enter your details and securely checkout! Choose the first day of hire for your delivery and return the dress on the fourth day.
We'll approve and confirm your reservation request within 12 hours. My Stylish Wardrobe will send out your chosen dress prior to your event with a return express satchel. Simply return the dress in the satchel provided at an Australia Post Office or yellow express post box by the specified date. Please carefully read our full terms and conditions of hire outlined below.
All items are sent in good condition, due to the nature of hiring we DO NOT refund for very minor faults/wear & tear due to the nature of hiring. All hires are sold after 10 hires to ensure they are in good condition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GARMENT HIRE
Hiring a garment(s) from My Stylish Wardrobe Dress Hire constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions outlined below.
- Bookings are only secure once the full hire fee has been paid.
- All garments are represented as accurately as possible in the photographs, there might be a slight colour variation due to your computer/device's screen.
- As we are an online dress hire company, unfortunately we don't have the capacity for try-ons. However we can assist with all sizing information. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for size guides and recommendations.
- Return express post and dry cleaning are included in the hire price.
- My Stylish Wardrobe may cancel your order in the rare case when a previous customer has damaged the dress. Alternatively, we can upgrade you to a more expensive dress.
- To cancel a booking, please email us at bookings@mystylishwardrobe and we will provide a store credit valid for 3 months only.
- The rental period will commence on the date the dress is delivered and will conclude when the dress is posted with Australia post for return. Weekend hires must be lodged by 3pm on the Monday.
- Please be mindful of fake tan, foundation and perfume when wearing your dress - refer to our damage clause.
- We cannot refund or provide a credit note if you decide not to wear the garment as our items are in high demand.
- From time to time My Stylish Wardrobe lists garments for hire on other platforms, these terms only apply to garments hired on this site. Garments are ineligible for refunds/credits if hired out through other platforms.
Late returns will be charged at $50 per day until 150% of the retail price of garment/s is reached.
Dry cleaning is included in the hire price. No attempt will be made to clean, iron/press or steam garments, unless arranged with My Stylish Wardrobe. All items are dry cleaned before sending but due to the nature of dress hiring it might have a few creases on arrival - simply hang up near a steaming shower to ease the wrinkles.
The customer will be required to pay for any damage caused to garment(s) including severe stains, pulls, rips and tears. It is up to My Stylish Wardrobe to decide how much is charged for the damage. If the item is damaged beyond repair, the customer will be charged the recommended retail price of the garment(s). What is considered unrepairable is up to the discretion of My Stylish Wardrobe. Most damage is repairable and we use expert seamstresses and dry cleaners to get fix most stains, pulls etc. Be careful not to damage the item with fake tan, foundation etc.
POSTAGE & DELIVERY
The hire fee is inclusive of all postage costs - items will be posted in an express post bag a yellow return prepaid satchel from Australia Post. The garment(s) must be posted back on the Monday by 3pm following the hire, unless otherwise arranged with My Stylish Wardrobe. Returned item(s) are to be posted in a yellow express post box or at an Australia post office (not the red post boxes). Items NOT returned by the specified date will incur a late fee.
Please provide an address where someone will be home or at the office to collect it. Items are sent with signature on delivery - My Stylish Wardrobe cannot be held responsible if the parcel is taken back to a nearby Australia Post Office for collection and you do not pick up the garment in time for your event. You MUST provide the full correct address including the unit number or shop/business number if a store, we will not be held liable for hires where the full address has not been provided or the address is incorrect/ineligible. Lost items due to incorrect postal addresses will need to be covered by the borrower.
If the dress does not fit on arrival, the customer can request a credit note (minus postage costs) valid for up to 3 months from the hire date. The dress must be hired within the 3 month period (not a future date after the credit expires) and the dress must be returned unworn and unused by the next day (not smelling, no deodorant marks or perfume - it must be in dry cleaned, unworn condition) to receive a credit note. Please email us at email@example.com to use the credit. The $20 OFF newsletter code does not apply for credit notes, only new bookings.
Garments are often sold before or when the dress reaches 10 hires. Items might have minor wear and tear but are inspected before posting.
All items are dry cleaned and inspected before sending out to the next customer. If for any reason the item is damaged please notify us upon receiving the item and we will either provide a full refund provided the item hasn't been worn or swap it for a replacement. There are strictly no refunds if we aren’t notified within 24 hours of there being an issue with the hire. My Stylish Wardrobe strictly does not refund for any other reasons as per our terms and conditions. Please refer to our credit note policy.